Hondata - KPro D17
Hondata - KPro D17
SKU:HONDATA-KPRO-D17Category: ECU Modification & EMS
FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY
2001-2005 D17 Civic DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only (US vehicles only)
The K-Pro for the D17 consists of a hardware modification to a donor K-Series ECU, a specially modified cam timing wheel, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
- The stock D17 ECU cannot be converted to a programmable ECU. A new RSX-S ECU or donor ECU must be used.
- The Hondata adjustable cam pulley has specially modified timing teeth. The stock timing wheel will not work.
- The Civic HX and all 2004-2005 Civics use a wideband 02 sensor compatible with the K-Pro.
- Base maps are included for a stock D17 non VTEC Civic and a D17 non VTEC turbo.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on automatic D17 Civics.
- Any K-Pro used on a 2002-2004 RSX-S will work provided the Hondata cam gear is used.
ECUs for the D17 may be sourced from the following vehicles
- 2002-2004 RSX Base 5 speed (PND -A0 ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX Type S 6 speed (PRB-A0 - ECU)
- 2002-2004 CRV 5 speed (PPA-A0 ECU)
- 2002-2005 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2003-2005 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- All 2004-2005 Civics and the 2001-2003 Civic HX use a compatible wideband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for rear O2 operation.
- The 2001-2003 Civic DX, LX & EX Civics use a narrowband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for closed loop operation.
- If you plan a K engine swap, install the appropriate engine harness and switch on VTC in the KManager software.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds via USB.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- The D17 knock sensor is incompatible with the K-Pro and must be disabled in the KManager software.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- The K-Pro ECU can be matched to the Civic immobilizer system.
- The adjustable cam pulley is shaped differently than stock. You will need to remove the power steering pump and alternator and loosen the engine mount.
- Removing the stock ECU is fairly involved. There are three choices for the K-Pro installation:
- The K-Pro can be installed in the location of the stock ECU.
- The K-Pro circuitry can be installed into the Civic's stock ECU case. You will need to cut a USB hole.
- The K-Pro ECU can be installed in the glove compartment. You may need to cut the rear plastic.
2004-2005 DX/LX/EX & 2001-2005 HX installation
For the Civics that use a wideband sensor you need to move two wires to activate the rear O2 sensor. If you have OBD 2 disabled and do not need to use the secondary O2 then it is not necessary to move the wires.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. For international orders, please Contact Us. If you select US shipping rates and are shipping internationally, please be advised you will be contacted to compensate the difference in shipping fees.
Processing on in-stock items takes about 2 to 4 days before your order ships. If you order an item that's on backorder, we will reach out with an estimated arrival time. If you have any questions about shipping make sure to email us at email@example.com or call our reps today at 732-
When will my product ship out?
Processing on in-stock items takes about 2 to 4 days before your order ships. Some orders may take longer than usual to process and ship. If you order an item that's on backorder, we will reach out with an estimated arrival time. Refunds are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Cancellations are subject to 10% cancellation/processing fee under no exceptions.
What's the Warranty on our products?
Unless the product is manufactured by Tri-State Motorsports or TSM Race, ALL Warranties go through the Manufacturer directly. Please visit their official website and get in contact with them in regards to your warranty. We will supply you with any invoice or tracking information the manufacturer asks you for.
Do you offer any promotions?
One of our major promotions is the TSM Bucks Loyalty Program. You will earn 1 TSM point for every dollar you spend with us. These points can be redeemed for rewards when you reach certain thresholds.
If you subscribe to marketing emails, you will be given a discount code for 5% off your order that you can use at any time. Our Instagram page also has a variety of weekly promotions in our stories and posts. Some restrictions may apply depending on MAP policies.
What payment methods are accepted?
Tri-State Motorsports accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa. You can also pay over time with Affirm and Klarna. Express checkout methods include:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Meta Pay
- Shop Pay